Thursday 11 March 2010

Unexpected visitors

This happened few weeks back probably around 20th of Feb. I had been travelling up and down , along small coastline of Northern Kerala. Mangalore then to Kozhikode then to a place near by Palghat.

At home renovation has been grinding on for almost a year now all for two rooms. Father was alone at home
taking care of renovation. Being a small renovation the Contractor hasn't been commiting good bunch of construction workers at our home. So being at home was important to ensure work is to be done asap.
Mom was at sister's place.
On that day I had taken an Auto to reach home. I keep changing my mode of public transport, no heavy luggages,less rush I always go for bus. Since I had a tiring journey I took a Auto.
As I entered the room where my parents sleep, Dad hissed, "Be quiet we got some guests".
First thought was "Rats!! where did they come from" and the horrible sequence of chasing them , getting them off the room flashed in a second.
But then I had already walked in few feet from the entrace, living in the house and doing renovation means your house is a mess, things are scatterd over everywhere. There was the TV on bed with few items along with it..
Just beside the TV then I saw them..4 kittens , too tiny , all were busy getting the nutrition from the Mother.
Eyes closed and were gulping away to glory.
Call me senti or whatever kids in any form are a beauty. Philosophically and on a relgious stand point
the soul is very innocent and that gives out a beauty to watch them. Any form, that we humans can see its innocence throught their expression is wonderful sight right from a baby elephant.

Dad, had opened a window just for the Mother to come in and go . As Kittens were just on Milk only diet there wasn't any fear of the cat bringing in stuff from outside. I asked Dad if Mom knew about it and we both laughed.. When she heared Mom was afraid of the Cat bringing stuff to eat on. But nothing sorts happened,
we decided to leave them there atleast till they open the eyes. As leaving them out would be dangerous.

Last week when Dad left he had shifted them in a shoe box near the front sitout. It must have gone on its way by now.
It was an interesting event, for the days I was there would check in often, they never were bothered about the noise that comes from near by work of staircase.
Will try to post the pict and video I shot of those kittens.

No comments:

Followers