Thursday 21 January 2010

This vacation...

Its 0300hrs on 15Jan2010. Am on a drilling ship off the coast of Andhra.
I just had a "Short change", its the term they use on this rig for change of duty, for last 2 weeks I was on
1800hrs to 0600hrs watch, yesterday had switched watch(Duty hours). That means , day before yesterday I went to work at 1800hrs stopped working at 2400hrs, then went to work at  yesterday 0600hrs untill 1800hrs.
So biological clock woke me up at 0000hrs today,stomach churning for some food, I lay on the bunk ( hmm yes, those big deepsea ship cabins aren't the lifestyle here in the rig) just wondering about certain things.
Few days back I had made  a deal with a friend of mine, asking her to go ahead and make a purchase which she has been procrastinating for quite sometime and I will shed my shyness ( ya.. i have this thing with the cam) and get those casual shots of normal life .It may be a cliche, hei but there is something special with candid shots of humans.

So I wondered about my plan what to take, there are few projects that been in my head for some years , of the top is 1. Plastics 2. Men / Women and most importantly children working with garbage.

Years after Bangalore became the IT hub, I visited Bangalore and was going somewhere on a Auto, as newcomer I was looking at the new buildings , then Auto went over a small bridge which was over a canal which long back must have carried good pure water. On that day what I saw was a raft made of Bamboo and the Man who was riding the raft must be around 10 or 12years. The kid was collecting garbage in the flowing water.......
He is supposed to be in a classroom.....

Incidents such as this always made me irritated when anyone talked about "developed India".  Not because of their ignorance  but at the cocoon we are ensconsed in , of not seeing what real India has in her boundaries.
There is an article which talks about this self inflicted blindess in highly developed materialistc society.
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/the-dark-side-of-dubai-1664368.html

I have thought of a theme will try to take snaps on that . Am afraid to spill it out incase I won't deliver it.
Will update furhter in coming days..

No comments:

Followers